Glossy lips yes or no?
Some girls simply love shiny and glossy lips – and lip gloss is their best friend! But overdoing the lip gloss can give a tacky effect. So, today we will show you how to perfectly use a lip gloss to get pretty, pouty, kissable lips.
Some of our friends are crazy about matte lips.
Is there the right occasion to wear gloss? or we can wear it anytime?
The answer is Yes!
There are some different occasions when its the best to wear gloss and when its better to keep it semi matte or matte.
When is it?
- Daytime – for daytime look you can use only a gloss just keep it natural.
- For photo shoots if the concept is not saying to use matte lipstick you can always go for glossy, shiny lips.
- If you just like your lips to be shiny and glossy you can always go for the gloss.
When is not the best to use it?
- On corporate photoshoots
- When you want your lips to look smaller
- You just don’t like glossy lips
Things You Need
1. Lip Scrub
2. Lip Balm/Lip Conditioner
3. Lip Liner
5. Lip gloss
What is important before we are starting with the lip gloss application?
- Make sure you don’t have any dead skin on your lips. Start by prepping your lips. If you have dead skin cells or chapped/cracked lips, then scrub your lips before you start prepping. Massage the lip scrub all over your lips for about two to three minutes. Rinse it off.
2. The next step is to use a lip balm or lip conditioner to get rid of the dryness. It will make your lips more soft and supple. Let the lip balm rest on the lips for about one to two minutes.
3.Once you are done with applying the lip balm, take a tissue and blot the excess. This prevents the lipstick from bleeding and makes the application of the other products easier.
4.Start by analyzing your lip shape. Using a lip pencil in the color of your choice, start the application from the center of the upper lip and follow the natural lip line till the corners of the lip. Follow the same procedure with the lower lip. You can also fill the entire lip with the same lip pencil as that works as a great base and helps the lip color to stay put for longer. Refer to the picture above.
You can also apply a little bit of foundation/concealer in the shade that matches your natural lip color. This would even out the lips in one go and provide an even base to work on.
6.Now it’s time for the lipstick. Apply the lipstick with a lip brush using short strokes and fill the entire lips. Using a brush while applying lipstick adds precision to the application. Here, I have used a bright red lipstick.
7.Start applying the lip gloss from the center of the lips and drag the sponge applicator along the length of the lips. Avoid applying the gloss above the natural lip line. You can blot the excess lip gloss on a tissue paper. This will prevent the color from bleeding.
Doesn’t it look amazing? Glosses are a must at parties – they really boost your hotness quotient. Give it a try and let us know about the compliments you received! We would love to hear from you.
Don’t forget to follow us every day as we are helping you to build up your makeup knowledge day by day.
Stay with us tomorrow as we show you how to get gorgeous matte lips.