Published August 4th 2017
Second year running we are very please to have our work published in the Khaleej Times
Take a look into our Masterclass here at
The Lipstick Makeup Institute and YH Studios
to achieve this awesome look
Bold & Beautiful
Dramatic and Edgy
Inspired by Avant-Garde Makeup
Avant garde makeup is the absolute opposite of a natural look.
The word avant garde itself is a French term meaning 'advance guard'
unusual or unique and new
experimental or innovative in nature.
Artistic looks that are often exotic and high fashion makeup styles
You see these artistic makeup looks on the
runway and fashion show models,
for advertisements and special photo shoots,
in fashion and beauty magazines
From whimsical to dark, avant garde eye makeup
The eyes are truly the gem of a great avant garde makeup creation
Using Kryolan products
The focus of this artistic makeup is the eyes
Step to step guide
Fun in the Studio
Artistic, dramatic and extreme style of makeup.
You can use multiple shades, or attach bold false eyelashes for volume
Play with the eyes well by using creative artistry
To make your avant garde makeup look more effective and convincing.
Talented Hair Stylists
Aside from using cosmetics, there are also other mediums used such as
gems, stones, glitters and feathers.
The look depends on the inspiration of the makeup artist or designer
When it comes to finding an avant garde inspiration, the choices are endless.
As they say, anything goes.
It can be the current fashion trends, characters from movies, books or plays, celebrities, and more.
Its all about getting creative and having fun
You can do almost anything with artistic makeup
Check out the wknd magazine to get the step to step guide on how to re create this amazing look
- clean up the excess hair around your eyebrows with tweezers. Clean lines look smooth and sharp
- brush your eyebrows with an eyebrow brush
- take an angled brush, get a 3 or 4 shades lighter colour than your eyebrows and fill them up
- why use a lighter colour? because we want to create shadow between the hair. If you will take the same colour of your eyebrow it will become much more stronger and aggressive. Too dark just looks so false and really doesn't look good. The fashion now is to have amazing eyebrows but must be done right.
- Make sure that your eyebrows are fully cleaned no hair around them.
- Take a concealer and apply a lighter shade around your eyebrows from the top and bottom part.
- Take an angled brush and with an eyeshadow what is lighter than your eyebrows draw a line from the bottom of your eyebrows and a top of the eyebrows. Start to blend the two lines together.
- Also brush it. Anytime you can add more eyeshadow colour or if you feel its too strong you can tone it down by brushing the eyebrows.
- To fix your eyebrows you can use eyebrow gel, it will make the hair stay at the place and will give your eyebrows a nice shiny look.